Become a Mentor
The MDC Single Stop Mentoring Program is very supportive, providing both mentor and student with a proven framework for working together and gaining the most from the mentor relationship. In partnership with our Single Stop campus centers, students will be matched with a mentor based on similar interests and career pursuits.
As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to provide one‐on‐one support through a flexible model of personal and electronic communication that requires about four hours per month.
Persisting toward a college degree is crucial today. While the economic advantages are well documented, it is hard to put a value on the chance to gain an education and become an engaged and contributing member of the community. You know this now and you can help one fortunate MDC student to keep moving in the right direction.
- Free volunteer opportunity that is tailored to fit the schedule of a busy professional
- Network with other professionals
- Mentors and mentees get to know each other through weekly emails and monthly group events.
- Make a difference: Imagine watching your mentee graduate, knowing your guidance helped them get there
What do you have to do?
- Fill out a mentor application
- Attend a one-time mentor orientation
- Successfully complete the mentor screening process, which includes a background check, interview and reference checks
- Send one weekly email on an interesting topic that we provide
- See your mentee once a month at the MDC Single Stop sponsored event at either the MDC North or Wolfson (Downtown) campus (most events are Tuesday or Wednesday evening from 6-8pm)
For more information on how you can make a difference in this program, click here today!